Overnight Field Trip Forms:
Overnight Travel Information
Contact the Activity Director to assist with district and club cost items. Incorrect or incomplete information will delay the process.
Sponsors: Complete both the Overnight trip packet and the field trip for activity groups packet for overnight travel.
1. Secure lodging, trip agenda and student list. If using a tour company, negotiate trip to include cost of travel for sponsors/directors and AD or type 75 and possibly nurse.
2. Figures for calculations on the overnight application
(Travel hours x driver rate + round trip mileage x vehicle rate)
- Driver= $17.67 per hour driving time or $150.00 per night if staying with team
- Bus= $1.87 per mile
- Van= $.94 per mile (Vans have 7 Rider Maximum)
- Attach a copy of drivers license for drivers of van.
- Parking and Tolls
- Registration Fee
- Meals= $7.00 per meal, Provided for state level competition only
- Lodging= Include tax for per room rate
- Substitute Pay= $30.00 per section
3. Submit a Transportation request use the online google form (transportation).
4. Schedule a Trip Meeting with students and parents. Include the following topics in your meeting: student needs, behavior expectations, health information requirements.(HEALTH INFORMATION, Required Forms below)
5. Medical Form Timeline: All forms are due 2 weeks before trip:
The sponsor will:
- Inform students of where to turn in forms: the sponsor or directly to the health office.
- Provide the nurse with a list of students.
6. Collection of Medication: Inform Students that medication is to be turned into the health office at least 2 day's in advance of departure.
- Remind students to bring only the amount necessary for the number of days traveling. (No economy size bottles)
- Over the counter and prescription medications should be turned in labeled and in a zip lock bag.
- Health form Procedures are in compliance with ISBE guidelines for distribution of medication during travel with students. For more details on the ISBE information, see the Activity Director.
Required Medical Forms:
- Overnight Medical Permission Checklist.
- Overnight Trip Health Form
- Prescription drug form, signed by the physician for each medication. Must include detailed instructions for dosage and delivery.
- Instruct students to bring amount necessary for trip plus 1 dose. (Prescription Form Below- Print/copy 1 per prescription.
- Over the Counter Medication form: One completed OTC form for each OTC medication brought on the trip. This form requires a parent signature.
- At no time can the sponsor purchase or distribute an OTC to a student without written parent consent.
- 5. Asthma medication forms
- 6. Communicate to the AD all changes to trip roster or plans as they occur.